Based in Farnborough, Hampshire, we focus on providing a first class service to owner managed businesses. Our clients are spread throughout the UK and in many countries around the world.
Wherever you are, our service is at hand. We are constantly assisting clients in different ways. So, we can also help you to:
- start up your business, right from the idea, including forming your company
- set up or readjust your accounting procedures, so you know what is going on
- prepare a business plan, cash-flow and profit projections for you and the bank
- pay no more tax than you have to
- control your business performance, month by month, year by year
- run your payroll or help you run it
- ensure that all your tax returns (VAT, Payroll, Corporation Tax, Personal Tax) are completed and submitted on time
- prepare your year end statutory financial statement
- grow your business profitably
- reorganise your firm if things are not going too well
- deal with your company secretarial responsibilities
- deal with IR35, CIS and related tax issues
Here is an Independent review undertaken by farnboroughshoparound.com which quite nicely captures the ethos behind our business.
We cannot speak highly enough of this accountancy practice. A member of our team jokingly adapted a tv advertising slogan: "Carlsberg don't do accounts, but if they did ... they'd probably do it something like this!"
This is certainly a practice which in no way fits the normal perception of accountants. If you're expecting a stuffed shirted, formal, humourless, jargon loaded approach as often portrayed on television, forget it! There are over 20 variously qualified members of staff at Treetops, all specialising in their own fields, and it seems they all dress informally. They have a similarly relaxed approach to their dealings with their clients and you'll find no accountancy-speak jargon here.
The atmosphere in any business is generated from the top, and the Director of Treetops, Tom McManners, exemplifies the laid-back attitude of his team. Here is a remarkably highly qualified accountant - count the diplomas - yet when you meet him in his office he's likely to be wearing jeans and a t-shirt! Rather than talk jargon at you, he's apt to just draw simple diagrams which you'll easily understand. Every client is treated very much as an individual. Furthermore, Treetops has produced its own guide to business taxation which is simple to understand and available to all clients.
Do not be fooled by the relaxed atmosphere though! Backstage, this practice is a smoothly oiled and efficient machine which, once in possession of all relevant facts, goes to work to ensure all your tax affairs are dealt with expeditiously. Whether you're just embarking on self-employment or have an established business, Treetops is an ideal choice of accountant, the advice is sound and their rates are incredibly competitive.
Mr Tom McManners